Vibrant. Dynamic. Welcoming.
Steps From DC, With An Identity All Its Own
From historic districts rich with culture to vibrant hubs buzzing with new businesses, Rockville exudes character, charm and flavor. There’s no better place to connect with family and friends and discover (or rediscover) one of the regions’ most exciting areas.
Conveniently situated in Montgomery County, just 15 miles northwest of Washington, D.C. Rockville, Maryland is hailed as one of the nation’s leading small cities and one of the top 10 most diverse communities in the nation.
ROCKVILLE, MD – Rockville Little Theatre performed a 45-minute selection from their recent production of [email protected] by Daniel Elihu Kramer at the Maryland Community Theatre Festival (mctfa.org) held in La Plata on February 11 – 12. [email protected] was originally performed at the F. Scott Fitzgerald Theatre in Rockville, MD from January 28 – February 5.… Read more »
Explore Black history in Rockville with the interactive African-American Heritage walking tour map developed by the City of Rockville’s Department of Community Planning and Development Services. As one of Maryland’s oldest towns, Rockville’s history stretches back to colonial times. With its long history, Rockville is the location of several people and places that played a… Read more »
A local artist in a program for young adults with disabilities has just accomplished something few artists have ever achieved. Her work was chosen to promote a new show about young people on the autism spectrum. 7News talked to Sarah Davie about this thrilling honor, her artwork, and her message to others with learning challenges.… Read more »
- Wander the galleries at Visarts
- Pick up a gift for a friend or yourself at Shop Local or The Cottage Monet
- Get crafty at Hammer & Stain
- Order takeout from a variety of restaurants and dine at the Gibbs Streetery
- Buy MoCo Made products at Dawson’s Market
- Meet the makers in Rock East Along the Millennium Trail
- Rent a bike from Capital Bikeshare at the Shady Grove Metro Station
- Grab a pint at True Respite Brewing Company
- Find a treasure at Habitat Restore
- Watch coffee roasting in action at Mayorga Organics
- Refuel with Korean fare at Wang Ja Jang